Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Google Terms of Service

Some time ago I spoke with Maladar about how blogger (or blogspot) behaves and critizised heavily how I can't easily modify certain parts of the html.

I've had these dreams of my own customized blog system, running on my own server, but the expenses have been too much for me. Last week, Maladar gave me some links and I started to think this own server/own blog -thing again, and for some reason, I ended up reading Google Terms of Service for blog(ger/spot).

There was something that looked bit weird:

11. Content licence from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

11.2 You agree that this licence includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organisations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

11.3 You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this licence shall permit Google to take these actions.

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above licence.


I'm not sure how I feel about this. I give nearly all rights of my material to Google, so is this the price of free blog hosting on a pretty reliable web system?

I haven't decided yet, so my updates about supercharger oil change, brake rebuilds and upgrades and (correct) installation of Pivot water temp gauge will have to wait.

A bit sticky situation. :(

1 comment:

Hannibal Melquart said...

I saw comments from people who already got their loan from Mr Benjamin Lee a loan officer who offer me loan at the rate of 2% ROI , and I decided to apply under their recommendations and just 5 days I confirmed in my own personal bank account a total amount of $90,000 which I requested for.This is really a great news and I am advising everyone who needs real loan lender to apply through their email : 247officedept@gmail.com or WhatsApp : +1-989-394-3740. I am happy now that I have gotten the loan I requested .