Saturday, May 23, 2009

Installing Pivot Gauges

I was looking the wires behind the gauge cluster when I suddenly realized that the wires behind cd player had everything for the Pivot gauges.

I took the cd player off the console and removed the car <-> iso adapter. Then I cut the wires and soldered the first Pivot "server" to the adapter wires and daisychained the second "server".

Electricity part worked, but what about the pressure tube? The package had a short tube, but obiviously it was for a car with front engine. I had some old rubber tube in the engine compartment from the previous Defi installation, and I managed to connect the old tubing to the Pivot's.

The water temp sensor was bit harder one. Maladar suggested that we should take a part (I forgot which one) to the metal works shop and get it drilled and threaded. I'm still looking for a blocked hole or something from the engine, but it is starting to look that there isn't any.

Drilling the coolant tubing (the idiot install) is out of the question, but I'm considering one of these

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love your car, you have auto a/c. its fantastic
please show other day and night photos about the gauges.
Thanks Daniel