Saturday, May 23, 2009

Oil Change

Oil change at 96848km.

This time, Maladar recommended using some engine flush, so I bought a bottle of STP's. I had no idea whatsoever what to expect of this stuff, so I read the instructions through multiple times before pouring the liquid in.

Instructions were very specific that the engine flush stayed only 15 minutes inside the engine, so I was looking my watch just about every other minute.

Seconds before the 15 minutes was full, the engine made a squealing sound, exactly like supercharger belt slipping. Maladar said that I should check the belt tension and tighten everything.

Well, after I got the new oil in the engine (Valvoline MAX LIFE 10W-40), everything ran smoothly. No belt noise or anything. No idea where the noise came. Later I tried to push the car a bit, but nothing.

Yeah, now I'm running one of those MagPower oil filters. The old Blitz one I had, was stuck. Oil filter key set to the rescue!

No comments: