Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Suspension, bushings, swaybars and motor mounts

Took some pictures from the underside. My biggest suspect this time was the front motor bushing which looks a bit tired. It might be the source of this weird boiling kind of noise I've had for some time. (It might be the exhaust seal between header and downpipe, but I'm not a automotive engineer...)

While at it, I took some measures of the sway bars. Rear one was 14,5mm and front sway bar was 18mm. Measures taken, because I saw thicker ones on Whiteline's web page. Whiteline has 20mm front and 18mm rear.

I think I need to replace every bushing in the car. The AW11 has about three bushings in the whole car, so its not that expensive. (actually, its more like 12 bushings in the whole car... now, on the other hand, Nissan Silvia S13 has something like two thousand) :D

Also, I took pictures of suspension links and everything, even catalysator and that mystery connector, which I think is the catalysator warning light wire. Its on the second picture from the top, the green connector near the sway bar.

I ordered brake rebuild kits and some supercharger oil directly from Toyota, but haven't heard anything from that direction since, and it was TWO WEEKS AGO!

Waaaah, do I need to call them again?

No comments: